Saturday, January 1, 2011

Candace and Richard


There are so many reasons why I love this couple, it is hard to know where to begin. First, Richard proposed on March 14 or 3.14 also known as Pi to you math driven minds out there. (My very own husband wanted me to wear his tshirt which says "Got milk? Need Pi" on it for my delivery. I wish I would have remembered to do that!)

Second, the couple was also married on the ever-so-cool date of 1.1.11 at the McNamara Center on the U of M campus.

And third, Candace's dress is very special. It was created for her and I cannot wait to show you the professional images. She had a long version of the skirt for the ceremony and a short version for the reception afterward!

The design concept was centered around the McNamara's clean, warm lines and the use of slate colored river rock. The ceremony aisle was lined on either side with larger river rocks which led to two curly willow urns at the front. I couldn't resist giving the bride and groom a surprise gift of an engraved "C + R" stone, with "1.1.11" engraved on the opposite side. It was placed on the floor next to the front row during the ceremony at the end of the long line of other rocks.

So, what is my New Year's resolution? Learn to take better photos of my work, at least not blurry ones ;) Again, I cannot wait for the professional images and I will share them with you in the future. Happy New Year!