Friday, January 1, 2010

Minnesota Nice, Part 1


Angie and Seth were married yesterday. I have never had the pleasure of meeting Seth, but I can tell you this, he married a wonderful woman! Angie is so sweet and nice, runs marathons and loves the outdoors. She wanted her flowers and decor to reflect her love of MN outdoors. My brain thought of lady slipper orchids, birch trees and ferns. You can see all of these elements throughout her bouquet. Can you find the brown birch seed pods? :)

She also had a "pieces of the past" theme to the wedding, with wedding photos of parents, grandparents and great-grandparents on the guest tables. In honor of this idea, and as a surprise, I purchased some gold and ivory colored, antique buttons at a shop across the street from where Angie purchased her dress. I found a button with intertwined circles for Angie's bouquet! Each of the 8 girls and the bride had a different (but similar color) button on their bouquets as a keepsake. It worked well and the end product was just right. I loved this wedding. More coming soon.




Here's a sneak peek at our prep work for the table center decor...