Friday, January 29, 2010

First Anniversary Idea


Paper is the traditional first anniversary gift. A client wanted to give his wife something pretty, lasting and made with paper, following tradition. This is what I came up with. I used a sweet little trunk and filled it with hand made paper and button flowers.

I find these little suitcase/trunks all over the place from vintage stores to good will shelves.

I would love to use a sleek looking trunk/vintage makeup case or a very small, dark leather suitcase (the one seen here is only 12 inches long) for an order. I could use copies of wedding reception menus, your invitations, any paper! then create a simple and elegant little arrangement. The arrangement could be sweet and playful, like the one seen above or it could easily be made to look sleek and upscale by using a dark leather trunk with crisp, monotone papers and beautiful marble or shell produced buttons (I have those by the way ;)

I also have a vast collection of my own papers from abroad, vintage store wallpapers or even the newspaper from the day you were married! The possibilities are endless. Of course, the buttons are all from antique stores, thrift, etc., as well. Yes, I realize I have a vintage store shopping addiction.